I've decided to not only keep you informed on the kids lives but to add myself in the updates as well. Hope you don't mind :)
Thomas:
Has periods where he is really well behaved and super cute and other periods where he is...not. It usually changes every couple months. Lucky for me, its one of the good times. He will come up to me just to give me a hug and kiss. He's so loving and sweet even to Mackenzie. He likes to give her toys and help me feed her. He talks, or should I say rambles all day. I can make out a few words here and there but it usually just sounds like Japanese to me. His new favorite words are alligator, stinky poo, yay, hi, wow, cool, bye, "ready set go" and giraffe. He is starting daycare tomorrow. I think it will really help his social skills (he is so shy) and will really help his learning. He is able to recognize numbers and can usually tell me what they are when I point to them. I am going to introduce the potty to him in a few weeks (after he has gotten used to daycare). I am so nervous about potty training! I got his a "Potty Power" video to watch and he loved it. I'm also reading "Potty Training for Dummies" so wish us luck. If you have any suggestion please please let me know! He had his 2 year check up today. He weighs 25 lbs and is 2' 9" tall. (And he pushed the "EMERGENCY" button in the elevator both times we got in!)
Mackenzie:
She is beautiful :) She is rolling over both ways and has figured out that if she keeps rolling she can get from point A to point B. She sits up very well but I still need to keep something around her cause she falls randomly. She got both of her bottom teeth last week and has been SUPER crabby since then. She wakes up a few times a night, so we haven't been getting the best sleep lately. She had her MRI and she did very well. Her dr. checkup was also last month. She weighs 17 lbs 6oz and is 2' 2" tall.
Me:
I am starting school tomorrow! I'm going back to school to get my esthetician license. I only have 50 hours to complete the course. It should only take me about 2 weeks. I'm extremely nervous to get back into the working world. I know it will be great to get out of the house and to start doing something for myself. I think the hardest part of all of it is putting the kids in daycare. Again, it will be good in the long run but I know that these next few days/weeks are going to be tough. I've also been going to a divorce support group. Before I started going I pictured it being a bunch of people sitting in a circle "Hello! My name is Trinity and I'm a divorcée." Although, it wreaks of burnt coffee and broken hearts its been extremely helpful. As much as everyone has tried to help me its been nice to sit in a room full of people mourning their own marriages as well. I've really been able to work through all the emotions and I'm starting to feel some real improvement.

2 comments:
Great update! I can't believe it will only take you 2 weeks to finish school. That is so amazing and such an awesome blessing! I know it will be hard to put your kids in daycare. Not going to lie--it's going to be rough to be away from them all the time. But I was reading an article in the Ensign today and it talked about living our lives right now, not just suffering through and dreaming of when our lives are perfect. Otherwise we'll probably always be dreaming of the future and missing what's great right now. Sounds cliche, but I thought it was great.
I'm glad you were able to go to the support group. I really truly believe that talking to people in the same life situation as you is the best way to keep yourself sane. Seriously.
Miss you!
Your kids are so cute! It sounds like things are really starting to move along for you guys. Scary, but good :) Hope you get through the next few days! It always seems that the first part of any big change is the hardest, but like you said, it'll be worth it. We love ya!
Post a Comment